The WWL Way
Telephone: 01942 244 000

Employment and Educational Assistance

University and College Disability Support Services are available. These can provide communication support, note-taking assistance, equipment and other services. Each University or College should have a Disability Support Service. Contact your University or College course providers for further information.

Disability Employment Officers are available at Jobcentre Plus to assist you to find, and maintain, employment. They can assist with information about benefits you may be entitled to, and support services, such as Access to Work. There may be other schemes and support services that they can also offer, such as Pathways to Work, or WORKstep.

To speak to the Disability Employment Officer, contact your local Jobcentre Plus.

Wigan Jobcentre Plus
71 King Street, Wigan WN1 1EA
Telephone: 01942 752 100

Leigh Jobcentre Plus
Roydale House, 2 – 10 Windermere Road, Leigh WN7 1UT
Telephone: 01942 263 700

Access to Work
Access to work is a scheme from the Department of Work and Pensions, designed to provide funding for equipment and support services for the workplace. It is recommended that you speak to your line manager or the occupational health team at your workplace.

You can contact Access to Work, who will do an initial telephone assessment. They may recommend a workplace assessment, or ask you to contact the Audiology Department, depending on your needs.

Telephone: 0141 950 5327
Minicom Number: 0141 950 5218

Wigan and Leigh College Adult Guidance and Careers Service

Wigan Adult Guidance Service
Telephone: 01942 761 607

Leigh Adult Guidance Service
Telephone: 01942 761 438

Connexions (Wigan and Leigh)
Telephone: 0800 953 0109