Where We Screen
Breast screening for South Lancashire women takes place at various locations around Wigan and Lancashire.
We have a permanent breast screening facility at the Thomas Linacre Centre in Wigan.
We also have mobile units that move around the Lancashire and Wigan area staying at each site for a few months (see list of screening locations below). You will normally be invited to a location within the area of your GP’s surgery. If your invitation is not at a convenient location, please tell us and we can change your appointment to a convenient location where we are currently screening.
Note: If you have difficulty in climbing steps and have been invited to a mobile unit, please contact the Screening Office and they will rearrange an appointment for you at our permanent facility in Wigan.
Our mobile units currently visit the following locations on rotation:
- Chorley: Chorley District Hospital
- Ince: Lower Ince Health Centre, Claire House, Phoenix Way
- Leigh: Leigh Infirmary
- Leyland: Civic Centre
- Ormskirk: Ormskirk General Hospital
- Pemberton: Pemberton Surgery, Sherwood Drive
- Penwortham: St Mary’s Church Hall, Church Avenue
- Skelmersdale: Hillside Health Centre, Tanhouse Road
- Tarleton: The Health Centre, Gorse Lane
- Wrightington: Wrightington Hospital
As all our mobile units have steps to get onto, it is advised to telephone the screening unit should you find that you may struggle with these and an alternative location can be offered.
Wheelchair users are advised to telephone the screening office to arrange an appointment at the Thomas Linacre Centre in Wigan.
Find out when we are coming to your area by looking at the screening schedule
Take a virtual tour of one of our Mobile Screening Units