Neuro Team - Community Services
The Neuro Community Team is a community based multi disciplinary team of experienced health professionals with the knowledge and skills to provide highly specialist advice, support and / or rehabilitation for people with neurological problems and their families. The team includes Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Neuro Community Matron to support / advise on symptom management for progressive conditions.
- Who can access the service?
- Adults aged 16 and above or 18 if in full time education
- Patient registered with a Wigan GP or unregistered resident
- Primary problem is neurological dysfunction
- Patient has potential for improvement of function
- Fit to undertake rehabilitation programme
- Patient with a neurological condition, requiring multi-professional intervention and / or have complex treatment needs (which may be uni-professional)
- Patient has a progressive neurological condition and requires on going support to manage their symptoms.
- How can people access the service?
Referrals are accepted from any Health Professional initially but once known to the service patients can self refer.
- Where is the service offered?
Treatment is provided in the patient’s home or most appropriate community setting i.e. Clinic, college, workplace, general community setting.
- Contact details
Neuro Community Team
Area 5, Leigh Infirmary
Telephone: 01942 264255
Fax: 01942 264258